Navy High Performance Butterfly Valve K-LOK Series Mil-V-24624Request a Quote
The Navy High-Performance Butterfly Valve (Mil-V-24624) is NAVSEA approved for QPL-V-24624(SH) applications in Type I, II, III, & IV configurations. The (Mil-V-24624) Butterfly Valves’ design provides bidirectional, drop-tight closure for navy applications. It features a unique two-piece stem and double-offset disc that offers high cycling and increased capacity.
|Sizes||2 ½” – 14”|
|Pressure ratings||275 PSI|
|Standards||Type (1 & 2)- ANSI B16.5
Type (3 & 4)- NAVSEA DWG 810-1385892
|Style||Wafer (Figure 360) or Lugged (Figure 362)|
|Body Style||Type (1 & 2)- ASTM A351 CF8M
Type (3 & 4)- MIL-B-24480 CDA958
|Disc||Type (1 & 2)- ASTM CF8M/ENP
Type (3 & 4) Monel- ASTM B164 M35, A, B, or E
|Stem/Taper Pins||Type (1 & 2)- ASTM A564 H1075
Type (3 & 4)- ASTM A164 QQN-288
|Seat||Type (1 & 2)- W/RTFE
Type (3 & 4)- CR. Plated
|Bushing||Type (1 & 2)- RTFE/Fiberglass Epoxy
Stainless Steel NitridedType (3 & 4)- RTFE/Fiberglass Epoxy
- Flush mounted actuation means no brackets or couplings are required and there are fewer nuts and bolts.
- A fully adjustable stem packing allows for 180-degree wrench clearance for adjustment.
- It’s capable of sealing against pressure and vacuum without packing modification.
- The interference fit design provides a bidirectional tight shutoff.
- The extended neck provides two inches of pipeline insulation.
- The standard K-LOK flange surfaces are uninterrupted, which allows standard spiral wound gaskets to be used.
- No travel stops are required, making adjustment and maintenance much easier.
- The rocker arm packing allows for uneven tightening of the gland bolts without side loading the system packing.
- The Double offset disc design provides the disc with a camming effect that lifts the disc away from the seat, thereby reducing seat contact wear.
- A fire-safe seat configuration allows for bidirectional service and constant two-point seal of the metal and RTFE seat components. This allows partial burn of the seat without excessive leakage.